Koltsovo International Airport (SVX) as it is officially named, is an airport serving Yekaterinburg in Russia. The airport is located about 16 km from the city centre. Each year, it handles almost 6 million passengers. The airport also serves as a hub for several carriers including Pobeda and RusLine.
How to get from Yekaterinburg Airport to Yekaterinburg
There are two shuttle bus lines operating between Koltsovo Airport and the main railway station in Yekaterinburg:
- Line no. 1 operates from the airport between 06:08 am and 11:41 pm, every 30 minutes. The ticket costs around 28 rubles (~ 0.30 euro) and the journey takes around 1 hour.
- Line no. 01 operates from the airport between 05:30 am and 11:30 pm, every 30 minutes. The ticket costs around 100 rubles (~ 1.10 euro) and the journey takes about 45 minutes. On this line, the luggage is charged additionally.
You will find up to 18 more bus lines operating from the airport and going to different cities in Russia such as Chebarkul, Lesnoi, Miass, Tyumen, Ozersk etc.
Koltsovo Express offers two lines operating between the airport and the main train station:
- Line no. 6037 operates daily at 08:53 am. The ticket costs between 22 and 50 rubles (up to 0.50 euro) depending on the station where you get off the train. The journey takes around 40 minutes.
- Line no. 6039 operates daily at 08:52 pm. The ticket costs between 22 and 50 rubles (up to 0.50 euro) depending on the station where you get off the train. The journey takes around 40 minutes.
Other popular routes from Yekaterinburg
If you’re travelling outside Yekaterinburg, check out the most popular routes and purchase your tickets below:
|Yekaterinburg – Kazan||Yekaterinburg – Orenburg||Yekaterinburg – Ufa|
|Yekaterinburg – Chelyabinsk||Yekaterinburg – Perm||Yekaterinburg – Izhevsk|
If you prefer a more cosy ride, then consider taking a taxi. Have in mind that most of them don’t have fixed prices. We suggest you always ask and agree on the fare before the ride.
Another way to travel from Yekaterinburg Airport is with a private, door-to-door transfer directly to your accommodation in the city. You can pre-book a transfer for a hassle-free experience, a professional driver will wait for you at the airport and take you to your destination.
Renting a car
Those who prefer to explore the area on their own, the best option would be to rent a car directly at the airport. You will find offices of several rental agencies at the airport such as Avis and Rentalcars. However, you can always rent a car online and avoid potential queues at the airport.
Renting a bus
Larger groups of passengers should consider renting a bus at the airport. However, it is recommended to book it online, so the bus rental companies have enough time to advise you on the meeting point and all other information.
FAQs – Yekaterinburg Airport
- I arrive late at the airport. Will it be a problem for me to get to the city?
That shouldn’t be a problem since public transport operates till evening hours. Still, if you arrive later than that, you can choose between taxis and a private transfer.
- Can I exchange money at the airport?
Yes, you will find several ATMs and banks (Sberbank and Metcombank) where you can exchange your money.
- Does the airport have storage lockers?
Yes, there is a luggage storage service at the domestic terminal. The service costs 100 rubles (~ 1 euro) per hour/per item or 350 rubles (~ 3.80 euros) for the whole day.
- Is there a free WiFi service available at the airport?
Yes, the airport provides free WiFi service in the passengers’ area.