Novosibirsk Airport (OVB), also known as Tolmachevo Airport, is both a military and public international airport serving Novosibirsk, the third-largest city in Russia. The airport serves as a hub for several airlines including Angara Airlines, Nordstar and S7 Airlines. Each year, it handles more than 6 million passengers. The airport is located about 16 km from Novosibirsk city centre.
How to get from Novosibirsk Airport to Novosibirsk
There are two bus lines operating to and from the airport, line no. 111E and 112.
- Line 111E connects the airport and the train station Novosibirsk-Glavniy. Buses depart from the airport every 30 minutes, from 5:00 am to 10:00 pm. The price of a single ticket costs about 48 rubles (~€0.50).
- Line 112 connects the airport and MEGA shopping centre. Buses depart from the airport usually every 20 minutes, from 5:40 am to 7:30 pm. The price of a single ticket is around 33 rubles (~€0.30).
There is also a minibus taxi line no. 312 that connects the airport with the train station Novosibirsk-Glavniy. Minibuses depart every 5-20 minutes starting from 5:40 am.
If you prefer a more cozy ride, then consider taking a taxi. You will find taxi ranks outside of the terminal, but have in mind that most of them don’t have fixed prices. We suggest you always ask and agree on the fare before the ride.
Another way to travel from Novosibirsk Airport is with a private, door-to-door transfer directly to your accommodation in the city. You can pre-book a transfer for a hassle-free experience, a professional driver will wait for you at the airport and take you to your destination.
Renting a car
Those who prefer to explore the area on their own, the best option would be to rent a car directly at the airport. You will find offices of several rental agencies at the airport such as Avis and Hertz. However, you can always rent a car online and avoid potential queues at the airport.
Renting a bus
Larger groups of passengers should consider renting a bus at the airport. However, it is recommended to book it online, so the bus rental companies have enough time to advise you on the meeting point and all other information.
Accommodation near Novosibirsk Airport
Novosibirsk Airport – FAQ
- I arrive late at the airport. Will it be a problem for me to get to the city?
Public transport operates till the evening hours, if you arrive later than the last departure, taxi and transfers are at your disposal.
- Can I exchange money at the airport?
Yes, you will find several banks at the airport, so you can try to see if your bank is in a group with any oh these banks for lower fees. Sberbank ATMs are available at terminal B.
- I am continuing my journey outside Novosibirsk. Are there any direct lines to other destinations?
Not directly from the airport, but if you reach Novosibirsk main station, you can continue to several destinations such as Tomsk, Novokuznetsk or Prokopyevsk.
- Does the airport have storage lockers?
Yes, there is a luggage storage service located on the ground floor. The price is 300 rubles per item, per day.
- Is there a free WiFi service available at the airport?
Yes, passengers are offered free WiFi service at the airport.