Minsk National Airport (MSQ) formerly named Minsk-2 is the largest international airport in Belarus, serving the capital city of Minsk. The airport is situated 42 kilometers from the city and it serves as a hub for Belavia carrier. In 2018, the airport handled more than 4 million passengers.
How to get from Minsk Airport to Minsk
The airport is connected to Minsk by 2 shuttle routes – 1400-TK and 1430-TK which are operated by BusEurocenter LTD and Ecoroutes LTD carriers.
- 1400-TK departs from the airport to the bus terminal ‘’Tsentralnyi’’ and vice versa once to twice per hour, starting from 6:45 am to 00:45 am.
- 1430-TK departs from the airport to the bus terminal ‘’Tsentralnyi’’ making a stop near the metro station ‘’Mogilevskaya’’ 5 times per day, starting from 8:40 am to 8:35 pm.
- You can buy the tickets at the airport from the ticket sale booths, at the bus station or from the bus driver.
There is an option of reaching the city by regular public bus lines no. 300э and 173э.
- Line 300э departs from the airport to the bus terminal ‘’Tsentralnyi’’ starting from 2:00 am to 11:50 pm.
- Line 173э departs from the airport to micro-district Sokol 4 times per day (11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm). From there, you can catch a bus line 112c to reach ‘’Mogilevskaya’’ metro station.
- You will find a bus stop at the airport in front of the Gate 5-6.
- The journey takes approximately 1 hour.
- You can buy the tickets at the airport, at the bus station or from the bus driver.
If you prefer a comfortable ride over a crowded public transport, we recommend you to take a taxi. You will find taxis outside the airport, expect the journey to last around 45 minutes. We suggest you always agree on the price before the ride.
Another way to travel to Minsk is with a private, door-to-door transfer from Minsk Airport to your accommodation in town.
Once you book a transfer, the driver will be waiting for you at the arrivals terminal.
Rent a car at Minsk Airport
For those who would prefer to reach Minsk and explore the area on their own, the best option is to rent a car directly at Minsk Airport. You will find offices of several car rental companies such as Europcar, Interrent or Sixt.
Compare rental prices in advance and book your car online.
Rent a bus at Minsk Airport
Larger groups of passengers should consider renting a bus at the airport. However, it is recommended to book it online, so the bus rental companies have enough time to advise you on the meeting point and all other information.
Minsk Airport accommodation
There are no airport hotels on offer, but you can check the nearest accommodation to the airport below.
Minsk Airport FAQs
- I arrive late at the airport. Will it be a problem for me to get to the city?
There shouldn’t be a problem since the airport is very well connected to the city throughout the whole day and evening. In case you arrive at night when there are no bus departures, you can always choose between a taxi or private transfer.
- Is there a free WiFi service available at Minsk Airport?
Yes, there is a WiFi option at the airport. Free Internet access can be made for 3 hours per day.
- Can I exchange money at Minsk Airport?
Yes, you will find several ATM’s as well as several banks where you can exchange your money.
- I am continuing my journey outside Minsk. Are there any direct lines to other destinations?
No, there are no direct routes. The best option is to get to the main bus station in Minsk and check your options. You can also search for desired routes on GetByBus.