Cork Airport (ORK) is the second-largest international airport in the Republic of Ireland and the third-busiest on the island of Ireland. Each year, it handles more than 2.5 million passengers. The airport is located about 6.5 km from Cork city centre. It serves as a hub for Ryanair and Aer Lingus carriers.
How to get from Cork Airport to Cork
Bus Éireann lines 226 and 226A operate from the airport to the main bus station in Cork, Parnell Place.
- Bus station is located in front of the terminal building.
- The journey takes around 20 minutes.
- Tickets can be bought at the ticket machine on the station or from the bus driver.
- The price of a single ticket is around €3.
- Check timetables
Lines 252 and 225 also connect the airport with Cork main station, but also provide direct connections of the airport with some other destinations.
- Line 252 departs from the airport to Kinsale, Innishannon, Bandon, Clonakilty, Owenahincha Cross, Rosscarbery, Leap, Skibbereen, Ballydehob, Banter, Glengarriff and Kenmare.
- Line 225 departs from the airport to Ballygarvan, Carrigaline, Ringaskiddy and Haulbowline.
There is no direct train from Cork Airport to Cork city centre. If continuing your journey outside Cork by train, you will need to reach Kent Station which is located about 10 minutes walking from the Parnell Place Bus Station.
If you prefer a more comfortable ride over public transport, consider taking a taxi. At Cork Airport, you will find a taxi rank just in front of the terminal building. The approximate fare from the airport to the main bus station is €20.
Another way to travel from Cork Airport is with a private, door-to-door transfer directly to your accommodation on the island. You can pre-book a transfer for a hassle-free experience, a professional driver will wait for you at the airport and take you to your destination.
Renting a car
Those who prefer to explore the area on their own, the best option would be to rent a car directly at the airport. You will find offices of several rental agencies at the airport such as Avis, Budget and Europcar. However, you can always rent a car online and avoid potential queues at the airport.
Renting a bus
Larger groups of passengers should consider renting a bus at the airport. However, it is recommended to book it online, so the bus rental companies have enough time to advise you on the meeting point and all other information.
Cork Airport – FAQ
- I arrive late at the airport. Will it be a problem for me to get to the city?
Buses operate till late evening hours, so getting to the city centre should not be a problem. Besides buses, taxis and transfers are at your disposal 24/7.
- Can I exchange money at the airport?
Yes, you will find ATM facilities available on the ground floor.
- I am continuing my journey outside Cork. Are there any direct lines to other destinations?
Yes, the airport is directly connected to numerous other destinations, see the section above. You can also check the desired routes on GetByBus.
- Does the airport have storage lockers?
Unfortunately, luggage storage service is not available at the airport.
- Is there a free WiFi service available at the airport?
Yes, the airport provides free WiFi Internet service.