Rijeka Airport (RJK) is located on the Krk island, around 1 km east of the town of Omišalj. It is located approximately 30km from Rijeka city centre. With over 180 000 passengers that have passed through the airport, Rijeka Airport is the sixth busiest airport in Croatia.
How to get from Rijeka Airport to Rijeka
If you take the airport bus you can reach the cities of Rijeka, Crikvenica, Kraljevica and Omišalj.
- The journey to the main bus station in Rijeka lasts approximately 30 minutes.
- Tickets can be bought directly from the bus driver or at Rijeka Airport
- One way ticket from Rijeka to Rijeka Airport costs approximately €7.
- Rijeka Airport – Rijeka → timetable
- Rijeka Airport – Crikvenica – Kraljevica → timetable
NOTE: there are no public bus lines to Rijeka Airport.
Taxis are located in front of the airport building. It is recommended to agree on the price with the driver before the ride. On the official airport website you can find official taxi prices.
It is possible to book in advance a private transfer and thus make sure you will get at the desired address. Private transfers are good for those who carry a lot of luggage; a driver will wait for you at the airport in due time and take anywhere within Rijeka, its surroundings but also to any other destination. Here you can book your transfer in advance.
Renting a car at Rijeka Airport
it is also possible to rent a car at the airport. You can choose between different rental companies; in the tourist season it is recommended to book a vehicle in advance. Click here to see car rental offers from Rijeka airport.
Renting a bus
Larger groups of passengers should consider renting a bus at the airport. However, it is recommended to book it online, so the bus rental companies have enough time to advise you on the meeting point and all other information.
Accommodation near Rijeka Airport
Rijeka Airport FAQs
- What is the easiest way to reach Rovinj, Pula or some other Istrian town?
There are several options to choose between.
It is possible to take a bus from the airport to the main bus station in Rijeka and from there take another bus to Rovinj or Pula. Rijeka has good bus connections with the cities in Istria and other Croatian cities.
Another option is to book a private transfer in advance; this is a simpler and faster option but more expensive than the bus.
- What is the easiest way to reach the cities on the island of Cres and Losinj from Rijeka Airport?
You can take a taxi from the airport to the roundabout in Omisalj; there you can wait for a bus which goes from Rijeka to Veli Losinj through Malinska and Valbiska ferry port; from Valbiska you take a ferry (25 minute ride) to Merag (island of Cres) from where you can continue to the cities of Cres, Mali Losinj and Veli Losinj. Here you can check the schedules.
Another option is to take the airport bus and go to the main bus station in Kraljevica where you change to a bus which goes to Omisalj and the above mentioned cities.
- How to reach cities like Senj or Novi Vinodolski?
Take the airport bus to the main bus station in Kraljevica where you change a bus to the mentioned cities. The schedule can be found here.
- How to reach cities on the island of Krk?
You can take a taxi to the roundabout in Omisalj where you can wait for a suburban bus to Njivice, Malinska, Krk, Punat and Baska.
Another option is to take the airport bus to the main bus station in Kraljevica and take another bus to the mentioned cities. The schedule is available here. The easiest way is to book a private transfer from Rijeka Airport.
- If I travel with a baby, can I be sure that taxis have a child seat?
Some taxis do but to be safe it is best to book a private transfer in advance.
- Is it possible to pay for the transfer from the airport in euros, dollars or pounds?
The only currency allowed by law is the Croatian kuna but there are exceptions. Airport bus drivers as well as private transfer drivers and taxi drivers will accept euros. If you do not give the correct amount of money, the rest will be given to you in kuna.
- If you are not sure where to find main bus stations in Croatian cities, you can use the Station locator on Getbybus.com where you will find all the info on the desired bus station.