Moscow Domodedovo Airport (DME), also known as Mikhail Lomonosov International Airport is the second busiest airport in Russia in terms of number of passengers, right after Sheremetyevo International Airport. With over 30 million passengers annually, Domodedovo Airport is connected with most of the major European airports and with a great number of destinations in Asia. The airport is located in Domodedovo, Moscow Oblast, approximately 42 kilometres southeast of Moscow centre.
How to get from Moscow Domodedovo Airport to Moscow
Domodedovo Airport is connected with the centre of Moscow by a regular shuttle buses and by the so-called marshrutka minivans to Domodedovo Metro Station (Zamoskvoretskaya metro line)
- Express bus (minivan) and shuttle bus run from 06:00 until 00:00 every 30 minutes and from 00:00 until 06:00 every 40 minutes.
- One-way ticket costs 150 RUB (~2.2€) or 135 RUB (~1.9€) (via VISA payWave/Mastercard PayPass or with Strelka card). Tickets are free for children up to 7 years old.
- The bus stop for the express and shuttle bus are located outside the exit No.2 in front of the arrival terminal.
Another option of getting to the centre of Moscow from Domodedovo Airport is by local bus line 308 which runs to Domodedovo Metro Station.
- Bus line 308 runs from 06:00 until 00:00 every 15-20 minutes.
- One-way ticket costs 92 RUB (~1.3€) or 73 RUB (~1€) (via VISA payWave/Mastercard PayPass or with Strelka card). Tickets for the local bus are also free for children up to 7 years old.
Moscow Domodedovo also has a great train connection with Moscow centre and passengers can easily reach it by Aeroexpress train. The train stops at Verhnie Kotly station and Paveletskaya metro station.
- Train departs from Domodedovo Airport at 05:15, then at 06:00 and after that every 30 minutes until 00:30.
- Train ticket costs 500 RUB (~7€) for a standard one way, or you can buy a round-trip ticket for 850 RUB (~12€) and use it within 30 days from the date specified on the ticket.
- Tickets can be bought at the box office on the train platform, at ticket machines (1st floor, Arrivals area), on Aeroexpress website and their service desks.
Taxis at Domodedovo Airport are operated by Gett and Domtrans and fares to Moscow vary from 1450 RUB to 2800 RUB (20€ to 40€) depending on where you need to be dropped off. Taxi ride can be booked at taxi desks inside Domodedovo Airport and the ride can be paid by credit cards as well.
In case you’re looking for a door-to-door service and you need a fast transport for you and your group, then the best option is definitely hiring a private transfer. Book a private transfer in advance and have your driver waiting for you upon your flight arrival.
Renting a car at Domodedovo Airport
Renting your own car at Domodedovo is not a problem as you have at disposal offices of car renting companies such as Sixt, Avis and Tipoa. Or you can save your time waiting in queues and book your car online.
Renting a bus at Domodedovo Airport
Larger groups of passengers should consider hiring a coach. It is recommended to book it online, so the bus rental companies have enough time to advise you on the meeting point and all other information.
Accommodation near Moscow Domodedovo Airport
Moscow Domodedovo Airport FAQs
- I arrive late at the airport. Will it be a problem for me to get to the city?
Not at all, buses and trains run every day 24/7, so there is no worry that you might miss your transport from the airport to Moscow.
- I have an early morning departure from the airport, are there any airport hotels I can stay at?
There’s Aerotel Domodedovo located inside the airport area and it is the closest accommodation for the passengers looking for an overnight stay.
- Can I exchange money at the airport to pay for my transfer?
Of course, you’ll find exchange offices and ATMs both at first and second floor. Here is the list of the ATMs of the following banks: Sberbank of Russia, Zapsibcombank, Nomos Bank, SMP Bank, Russian Regional Development Bank, Promsvyazbank. Make sure to have
- Are there any direct bus lines from Moscow Domodedovo Airport to other cities?
Yes, you can catch direct buses from Moscow Domodedovo Airport to Domodedovo, Krasny Put, Vzletnaya, Rastunovo, Ryazan, Lukhovitsy and Kolomna. More information about bus departures and timetables see here.
- Is there free Wi-Fi connection at Moscow Domodedovo Airport?
Yes there is, and the session lasts for 240 minutes.
- Can I leave my luggage in luggage storage room at Moscow Domodedovo Airport?
Yes, the luggage storage office is located at the ground floor in the International Arrivals area. Check rates for different baggage sizes here.