The Ljubljana Airport – Jože Pučnik, often referred to as Brnik Airport as well, is located 26 km north of Ljubljana centre. The airport yearly handles about 1.5 million passengers, of which the majority in the summer month.
Getting to and from Ljubljana airport to Ljubljana centre is fairly easy; depending on your budget you have various travel options to choose between.
Airport bus (public bus from the airport): the cheapest way of travelling between Ljubljana Airport and Ljubljana city is to take the airport buses which depart on whole hour from the airport, on most weekdays there is a bus on the hour from 05:00 till 20:00. The price for a ticket from the Airport to Ljubljana bus station is around 4 Euro. As the bus is a public bus and not an airport shuttle, it makes numerous stops on the way to the bus station and the travel time for the 31 km long route is about 50 minutes.
- Buses are in general parked outside the main terminal building, you can not avoid seeing them when you exit the terminal.
- The airport bus has several stops on the route before reaching the Ljubljana main bus station. If some of these stops are more convenient for you to reach your accommodation, you may get off the bus prior to reaching the bus station.
- From the airport there is also a public bus to Kranj which departs more or less on the hour. The timetable for that route can be found here; also in this case you have to enter “Letališče Brnik” as departure station, as arrival station you need to pick “Kranj AP”
NOTE: In case you want a direct bus route, save your time and pre-book your bus from the airport to the center of Ljubljana online. If you wish to continue your journey outside Ljubljana, check the direct routes from Ljubljana airport.
Transfer from Airport Ljubljana: if you do not feel like hassling with your suitcases from the bus station to your accommodation in Ljubljana, you have an option to pre-book a door to door transfer to any address in Ljubljana or any other city.
Pre-booked transfer from the Ljubljana airport – useful info:
- a private transfer for 1-4 persons from the airport to Ljubljana costs around 25 Euro
- a driver will wait for you with a name sign where you enter the terminal from customs area.
- a transfer company will monitor your flight arrival, so your driver will be there even if your plane is delayed.
- a transfer from Ljubljana airport to Lake bled costs around 40 Euro for 1-3 person and 60 Euro for up to 8 persons in a van.
- a shared transfer option to Ljubljana is available starting from 10 Euro; this service will also deliver you at any location in Ljubljana. A downside is that you might have to wait at the airport for other shuttle passengers to arrive.
Taxi from Ljubljana airport: taxis are located in front of the arrivals terminal and a taxi ride to the centre of town will cost you from 30 – 35 Euro, depending on where you need to be dropped of. In general, the majority of taxi drivers are fair and reliable, so chances of being scammed, like in Prague for example, are limited. Nevertheless, agreeing on the prices before you start the trip is always recommendable.
Renting a car at Ljubljana airport: at the airport you will find offices of all major car rental companies like Sixt, Budget, Avis etc, plus several local car rental companies. As everywhere else, renting a car from the airport is a bit more expensive then renting it from a downtown office. You can see prices for car rentals from Ljubljana airport here.
Renting a bus at Ljubljana airport: if you are a large group arriving at the airport, you might consider renting a bus prior to your arrival. Bus rental are offered by several bus companies in the area; vehicles for up to 70 people can be chartered.
FAQ bus and transport from Ljubljana airport
Q: Is there a direct bus from Ljubljana airport to Lake Bled?
A: Yes, there is a direct route from Ljubljana airport to Lake Bled which you can check HERE
Q: Can I catch an intercity bus at the airport if I am for example going to Zagreb or Vienna?
A: Yes, there are intercity buses running from the airport. If you wish to travel specificly from Ljubljana to Zagreb, Ljubljana to Vienna, you first have to go to the main bus station and then change buses there, but if you wish to go to some other destination, you can check the possibilities HERE.
Q: How much does parking cost at the airport?
A: You can see parking prices at Ljubljana airport here.
Q: I have an early morning departure from the airport, are there any airport hotels I can stay at?
A: Unfortunately there are no hotels directly by the airport. The nearest hotel can be found in the small city Vopovlje which is 3 km from the airport.