Tenerife South Airport (TFS), also known as Tenerife South–Reina Sofia Airport is the second busiest airport in the Canary Islands, after Gran Canaria Airport. It is also the largest international airport on Tenerife Island, located in Granadilla de Abona. Tenerife South handles more than 11 million passengers annually.
Public transportation to and from Tenerife South Airport
Airport shuttle lines
Airport shuttle lines from Tenerife South are operated by Flibco. Choose a direct line to one of the towns on the island and book your ticket online. Here are some of the most popular lines from Tenerife South Airport:
Local bus lines
Tenerife South Airport is very well connected with the rest of the island by local bus lines operated by Titsa bus company. Here are all the lines operating to and from the airport, including one night line:
- Line 40 Costa Adeje (Bus Station) – Cristianos – Tenerife South – passes every 30 minutes by the airport, between 00:50 and 06:30 departs every 1-2 hours. Total travel time is 40 minutes. → schedule
- Line 111 Santa Cruz – Tenerife South – Los Cristianos – Costa Adeje – passes every 30 minutes by the airport, between 00:15 and 06:25 departs every 1-2 hours. Total travel time is 1 hour and 15 minutes. → schedule
- Line 343 Puerto Cruz – Los Cristianos (Tenerife North & South) (Express) – this line connects Tenerife South with Tenerife North Airport, departs once an hour between 07:20 and 22:20 (passes by the airport). Travel time between two airports is 1 hour and 15 minutes. → schedule
- Line 415 El Fraile – Tenerife South – San Isidro (Por Las Galletas) – departs hourly from 06:00 to 21:50 → schedule
- Night line: Line 711 Santa Cruz – Tenerife South – Los Cristianos – Costa Adeje (Nocturno) – operates only between 22:15 and 06:45 → schedule
NOTE: Bus ticket price is not fixed, it depends on the route and it depends on passenger’s departure point and destination point. Fares can be calculated here.
Official taxi stands at Tenerife South are located in front of the Arrivals Terminal. Average price per kilometer costs around €0.60 with the starting price of approximately €3.50 (it depends on days and whether it is daytime or nighttime)
Another way to travel on Tenerife Island is with a private, door-to-door transfer from Tenerife South Airport to your accommodation. You can also pre-book a transfer from Tenerife South to Tenerife North Airport for a hassle-free experience.
Renting a car at Tenerife South Airport
For those who would prefer to explore the area on their own, the best option is to rent a car directly at the airport. There are several car hire companies that have their offices at Tenerife South such as Cicar, Autoreisen, Goldcar, Plus Car etc. Some of them are located inside the terminal while others have the offices placed across the terminal, on the parking lot. Compare their rental prices and save your time by booking your car online.
From Tenerife South Airport to Tenerife North Airport
Should you need a direct transfer from one airport to another, you can book a shuttle bus ticket via Getbybus:
Tenerife South Airport FAQs
- Does Tenerife South Airport have WiFi?
Passengers can to free WiFi hotspot under the name AIRPORT FREE WIFI AENA. Access to the WiFi network requires registration either via e-mail, Facebook, LinkedIn or Aena Club Cliente.
- Is it allowed to smoke at Tenerife South Airport?
Smoking is only allowed in designated areas outside the terminals.
- Is there an ATM or currency exchange service at the airport?
There are several ATMs on ground floor at both Departures and Arrivals terminal, three currency exchange offices and one bank. However, it is advised to have some euros in cash prior to your trip to Tenerife because exchange rates at airports can be lower than usual.