Tenerife North Airport (TFN), once known as Los Rodeos Airport, together with Tenerife South Airport is an international airport on Tenerife Island. It is located approximately 10 km from the capital Santa Cruz de Tenerife, in the municipality of San Cristobal de la Laguna. Since it is a hub airport, it connects all seven of the Canarian Islands with Spain and Europe.
How to get from Tenerife North Airport to Santa Cruz de Tenerife
There are several ways to get to and from Tenerife North Airport, including public transport, private transfers and even a car rental. The airport is well connected with the rest of the island and it offers quite a few transport possibilities
Airport shuttle lines
Tenerife North Airport is connected with several towns on the island by shuttle buses. Buses are operated by Flibco and available to book online on Getbybus:
|Tenerife North Airport to Puerto de la Cruz||Tenerife North Airport to Santa Cruz|
|Puerto de la Cruz to Tenerife North Airport||Santa Cruz to Tenerife North Airport|
Local bus lines
There are several bus connections from the airport to the capital city:
- Line 20 Santa Cruz-La Laguna-Tenerife North Airport – this line connects the airport, capital and the north part of the island. It departs every 20 minutes, but between 0:15 and 4:10 the bus doesn’t operate. The total travel time is 25 minutes. Check timetable
- Line 30 Puerto de la Cruz-Tenerife North Airport – the bus passes by the airport every 30 minutes and it takes 40 minutes to reach the arrival station. Check timetable
- Night line 104 Santa Cruz-Tenerife Norte Airport-Puerto de la Cruz – this bus line operates hourly between 22:55 and 04:10 and the total travel time is 1 hour and 20 minutes. Check timetable
- Line 343 Puerto de la Cruz-Tenerife Norte Airport-Tenerife Sur Airport-Los Cristianos – this line connects both airports on Tenerife Island, Tenerife South with Tenerife North Airport. It takes around 1 hour to get from one airport to another. Check timetable
Tickets don’t have a fixed price, because the final amount depends on the route, departure and arrival station. You can calculate the final price here.
NOTE: If you buy a round-trip ticket on the same day you get a 10% off the single ticket price. This discount is valid only for distances greater than 20 km.
It is advisable to take the official taxi from the marked taxi stand at the terminal. Prices depend on the departure time (day/night) and date (workdays/weekend/holidays). Starting price is around 3.15€/3.45€ and standard price per kilometer is approximately 1.10€/1.26€.
- Lower price is valid for workdays (and Saturday) from 06:00 to 22:00. Higher price applies on Sundays, holidays and workdays from 22:00 to 06:00.
Another way to travel from Tenerife North Airport is with a private, door-to-door transfer directly to your accommodation in the city. You can pre-book a transfer for a hassle-free experience, a professional driver will wait for you at the airport and take you to your destination.
Renting a car at Tenerife North Airport
If you prefer traveling by car and you want complete freedom on your trip, renting a car would be a great option for you. Car rental offices are located at the arrival terminal at Tenerife North Airport. You have several companies on your disposal, such as AutoReisen, Avis, Cicar, Hertz, Europcar and Goldcar Rental. On the other hand, you can book a car in advance.
Renting a bus at Tenerife North Airport
If you are travelling in a larger group, you should consider renting a bus at the airport. It is always recommendable to book it online, so the bus rental companies have enough time to provide you with all the required information such as meeting point, time and more.
From Tenerife North Airport to Tenerife South Airport
Should you need a direct transfer from one airport to another, you can book a shuttle bus ticket via Getbybus:
Private accommodation near Tenerife North Airport
Tenerife North Airport FAQs
Yes, the airport offers a free WiFi service. Passengers can access the free WiFi hotspot “AIRPORT FREE WIFI AENA ”. You only need to register via email, Facebook, LinkedIn or Aena Club Cliente.
Smoking is only allowed in special areas outside the terminals.
Of course, there are three ATMs located on the Arrival terminal and one bank.
Not at all, you can reach the city with the night bus line 104, pre-book a transfer or take the taxi.