Stockholm Bromma Airport (BMA) is an international airport situated in the capital of Sweden, Stockholm. Located approximately 7 kilometers northwest of downtown Stockholm, Bromma is the closest airport to Stockholm. Having served over 2.5 million passengers in 2018, it is the country’s third busiest airport.
Bromma Airport is connected with about 15 destinations, and it is more focused on domestic flights, with only a few international connections, such as Helsinki, Brussels and Aarhus. At the moment it handles 4 airlines, BRA Braathens Regional Airlines, British Airways, Brussels Airlines and Finnair.
How to get from Bromma Airport to Stockholm
There are several ways of reaching the city of Stockholm from Bromma Airport.
There is a coach service running from Bromma Airport to Cityterminalen bus station in Stockholm.
Schedule of airport coaches is adapted to flight arrivals and departures.
- The journey lasts approximately 20 minutes
- Shuttles run approximately every 20 minutes, starting at 07:40 AM
- Bus stop at the airport is located to your left after exiting the airport building
- Additional coach line runs to Arenastaden district
- Coach service is operated by Flygbussarna
There is a public bus available from Bromma Airport to Stockholm:
- Use SL bus line 110 to get to Alvik district and line 152 to get to Älvsjö station
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, which can be done via SMS
- Check timetables for the high and low season
- The journey lasts around 20 minutes
If you wish to avoid the crowded public transport, we recommend taking a taxi.
Bromma Airport has taxis at your disposal throughout the whole year. The taxis are located outside the terminal buildings.
- Bear in mind that taxi prices are not regulated in Sweden, so pick the taxi that suits you the best
- Taxi ride to Stockholm lasts around 15 minutes
- The approximate cost is around SEK350 (€33).
Another way to travel to Stockholm is with a private, door-to-door transfer from Bromma Airport to your accommodation in the city. You can also pre-book a transfer to almost any city in Sweden from Airport Bromma that you would like to visit for a hassle-free experience.
Renting a car at Bromma airport
Wish to explore Stockholm and the surrounding area on your own? The best option is to rent a car directly at the airport. Offices of several car rental companies such as Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt can be found at the Bromma Airport. We suggest that you compare the prices and book your car online in advance.
Hotels near Bromma Airport
If you need a place for an overnight stay, you can stay at Best Western Plus, Mornington Hotel Bromma or Brommavik Hotel.
Bromma Airport bus FAQs
- I arrive late at Bromma Airport. Will it be a problem for me to get to Stockholm?
Bromma Airport is relatively close to Stockholm, and the airport coaches are adapted to plane arrivals and departures. But, should you arrive before they start running, there are taxis at your disposal.
- Can I exchange money at Bromma airport?
Yes, there is one ATM located in the departure hall after security check at Gate 8.
- I am continuing my journey outside Stockholm. Are there any direct lines to other destinations?
The airport has no direct connections with other places in Sweden. The best option is going to the Stockholm Central station and checking your options there.
- Can I visit Stockholm in-between flights?
Since Bromma Airport is the closest of 4 airports serving Stockholm, it is quite possible to take a short trip to the city. Be it by car, taxi or a bus, it would take you only around 20 minutes to reach the city center. If you have enough time between flights make sure that you check it out.
- Is there a Wi-Fi connection at the airport?
Bromma Airport has a Wi-Fi connection which you can use free of charge for three hours or until you use up to 100 MB of data. Additional data can be purchased with a credit card.