Palma de Mallorca Airport (PMI) is the main international airport on Mallorca Island in Spain and it is located 8 kilometres from the centre of Palma de Mallorca, the capital of Mallorca. The airport is also called Son Sant Joan Airport and it is the third largest airport in Spain in terms of number of passengers, after Madrid-Barajas and Barcelona Airport. The airport is the focus airport for low cost carriers such as Ryanair, EasyJet and Vueling.
Bus line 1: Airport-City-Port is the one operating between the airport and the city centre of Palma de Mallorca.
- The price of one-way ticket is €5
- The bus has two stops at the airport: Terminal Planta – 0 – Arrivals and Terminal – Floor 2 – Departures
- Buses run from 06:00 to 01:15 from the airport to the city centre and from 05:15 to 01:00 (until 2:00 during summer) from the city centre to the airport (approximately every 15 minutes) → timetable
Bus line 21: S’Arenal-Airport is the other line which runs to the airport and it connects the airport with the hotels along Palma beach.
- The price of a one-way ticket is €5
- Buses run from 07:00 to 22:10 (to 00:00 during summer) from the airport to Playa de Palma and from 07:00 to 21:30 (to 00:05 during summer) → timetable
Tickets can be bought at the ticket office in front of the airport and inside the airport.
Taxi service: Getting an airport taxi is also an option to consider if you have problems with locating your accommodation in Palma. The average rate per kilometre is around €0.5 with the starting fare being €2.80. Taxis are available at the taxi rank in front of the airport.
Transfer: Booking a private transfer is a great option for smaller families or a group of friends if you want to get to your destination without spending time on public transportation. Book a transfer online, the price will be fixed no matter which location in Palma you need to go to and your driver will wait for you at the airport holding a sign with your name.
Renting a car at Palma de Mallorca Airport: To get around the island of Mallorca a good idea would be to rent a car. You can either do it online or directly at the airport. Some of the car rental companies like Goldcar, Record Go Mallorca and Sixt have their offices at the airport.
FAQ – bus and transport from Palma de Mallorca Airport
Q: I arrive late at the airport. Will it be a problem for me to get to the city?
A: During night hours, between 01:00 and 06:00 there is no bus transportation from the airport so you might consider getting a taxi.
Q: I have an early morning departure from the airport, are there any airport hotels I can stay at?
A: The hotels closest to the airport can be found in Can Pastilla beach resort which is located in the proximity of Palma de Mallorca Airport.
Q: I am continuing my journey outside Palma de Mallorca. Are there any direct lines from the airport to other cities?
A: There are 4 resort bus lines operating from Palma de Mallorca Airport:
- A11 – to Peguera, Santa Ponsa, Magaluf, Palmanova
- A32 – Playa de Muro, Alcudia
- A42 – Cala Bona, Cala Millor, Sa Coma
- A51 – Campos, Llucmajor, S’Arenal
Q: Can I exchange money at the airport to pay for my transfer?
A: There are ATMs and exchange offices at the airport so it won’t be a problem to get euros if you had no time to change money back at home.