La Palma Airport (SPC) is an airport located 8 km from the capital city Santa Cruz de La Palma in the Canary Islands. La Palma Airport serves mostly for island hopping between Tenerife, Gran Canaria and La Palma itself. The airport is also used for international flights connecting La Palma with the mainland of Europe. Airlines that operate at this airport are easyJet, Eurowings, Tui Fly, Canaryfly, etc. La Palma Airport handles around 1,4 million passengers every year.
How to get from La Palma Airport to Santa Cruz de La Palma
In front of the entrance you can find the bus stop. Bus line 500 will take you to the town of Santa Cruz de La Palma.
- The trip from La Palma Airport to Santa Cruz de La Palma will take you around 30 minutes.
- The buses operate from 7 a.m. until 10.45 p.m. depending on the day.
- The price for a one-way ticket is around €1,50. For more information click here.
You can find the taxi station in front of the terminal next to the bus stop. Always take a taxi from this point as this are airport recommended taxis. Make sure you always pick the official licensed taxi. We also recommend you check the price before the ride.
Another way to travel from La Palma Airport is with a private, door-to-door transfer directly to your accommodation in the city. You can pre-book a transfer for a hassle-free experience, a professional driver will wait for you at the airport and take you to your destination.
Renting a car at La Palma Airport
For those who would prefer to reach the city and explore the area on their own, the best option is to rent a car directly at the airport. At La Palma Airport you’ll find several car rental companies including Avis, Europcar and Hertz. Compare their prices and book your vehicle.
Renting a bus at La Palma Airport
Larger groups of passengers should consider renting a bus at the airport. However, it is recommended to book it online, so the bus rental companies have enough time to advise you on the meeting point and all other information.
Accommodation near La Palma Airport
La Palma Airport FAQs
- I arrive late at the airport. Will it be a problem for me to get to the city?
The buses run until 10.45 p.m. If you arrive later than that you can always get a taxi at the taxi station.
- Is there a free WiFi service available at La Palma Airport?
Yes, there is free WiFi at the airport.
- Can I exchange money at La Palma Airport?
No, there are no exchange offices or ATMs.
- Is there any luggage storage at La Palma Airport?
No, there isn’t any luggage storage at the airport.
- I am continuing my journey outside Santa Cruz de La Palma. Are there any direct lines to other destinations?
No, there are no direct connections to other cities than Santa Cruz de La Palma, so the best is to check the options at the main bus station. You can also search the desired routes on GetByBus.