Danylo Halytskyi International Airport ‘’Lviv’’ is located 6 kilometers from central Lviv and in 2018 it handled 1,5 million passengers. In 2013 the airport was given a title ‘’The best airport in CIS’’ which is no surprise considering that it provides a special assistance service for passengers with special needs, it has a special Mother-and-child room, a playground and it provides the service of express marriage!
How to get from Lviv Airport to Lviv
Express bus (Terminal ‘’A’’) connects the airport and the main railway station
- Cost of the fare is around 20,00 UAH (€0,76) and the bus usually runs once an hour.
- Operating hours are 10:00 am – 7:00 pm and travel time is just 20 minutes.
- Only on request the bus will stop at Liubinska street (furniture store ‘‘Budynok Mebliv’’) and the Shopping Centre ‘’Skrynia’’
City bus #48 connects the airport (Terminal ‘’A’’) and the station in the centre of the city
- Cost of the fare is around 5 UAH ( €0,19), the bus starts operating at 6:00 am and stops at 9:25 pm.
- Travel time to the center of Lviv is 10-15 minutes and the total trip duration (21 stations) is 32 minutes.
NOTE: Since recently, there is a Night Bus 2H line that connects Lviv Airport with Lviv Railway Station, Lviv Western Bus Station and Lviv Historical City Center. The bus operates once an hour starting from 11:40 pm and ending at 5:00 am.
Trolleybus #29 connects the airport (Terminal ‘’A’’) and the station in the centre of the city
- Cost of the fare is around 5 UAH ( €0,19), the bus starts operating at 6:10 am and stops at 10:15 pm.
- The route takes only 9-16 minutes and it takes you straight to the city centre.
If you prefer a more comfortable transfer, we recommend taking a taxi. Taxi service is available 24/7 but keep in mind that not all taxis are licensed, make sure you agree on the price before the ride. Here are some of the licensed taxis: Econom taxi, Nashe-plus, Optymalne taksi, Sofia, Taxi 838 and Uber.
Another way to travel from Lviv Airport is with a private, door-to-door transfer directly to your accommodation in the city. You can pre-book a transfer for a hassle-free experience, a professional driver will wait for you at the airport and take you to your destination.
Renting a car at Lviv Airport
Those of you who prefer to explore the area on your own, the best option would be to rent a car directly at the airport. At Lviv Airport you’ll find several car rental companies and their offices such as Avis, Budget, Sixt, NarsCars and BLS.
Alternatively, you can always rent a car online and avoid potential queues at the airport.
Renting a bus at Lviv Airport
Larger groups of passengers should consider renting a bus at the airport. However, it is recommended to book it online, so the bus rental companies have enough time to advise you on the meeting point and all other information.
Lviv Airport bus FAQs
- I arrive late at the airport. Will it be a problem for me to get to the city?
The above mentioned Night Bus 2H and taxis will be at your disposal. But keep in mind that the taxi fare might be different due to different time of day.
- Can I exchange money at the airport?
Yes, there is a currency exchange office as well as an ATM and a bank at the Terminal ‘’A’’.
- I am continuing my journey outside Lviv. Are there any direct lines to other destinations?
The airport has no direct connections with other cities in Ukraine. Your best option is to go to the Lviv bus station and check your further options there. You can also check the desired routes on GetByBus.com
- Does Lviv Airport have storage lockers?
Yes, they are located in the arrival area on the first floor of the terminal «A» (in front of the information desk). It is operating 24/7 and the price per item is around 10 UAH including VAT.
- Is there a free WiFi service available at Lviv Airport?
Yes, they provide free WiFi service throughout the airport.