Disneyland is considered by many to be ‘the happiest place on Earth’. And how wouldn’t it be? There are only few other places across the globe where you can eat an ice cream in the shape of Mickey Mouse, take a picture with Snow white, Chewbacca or whichever cartoon character is your favourite or simply enjoy as many crazy rides as possible! It doesn’t matter if you visit Disneyland with your friends, children or parents (no one is too old for this!), we assure you that you will enjoy every second of it, but before you go, check out the most important information on this magical place!
Table of Contents
1) Before you go
When visiting a theme park this big, time management is crucial to actually ‘seize the day’. Listen to our tips before the moment to enter Disneyland comes and you’ll be fine:
- First things first, organize your trip. Make a research on what do you want to see, what would you like to eat and which rides do you want to try (and which are suitable for children if you’re coming with them).
- If you’re spending the night in the area, make sure to book a room in a Disneyland Paris Hotel or somewhere nearby, as the Hotel offers a direct transfer to the park, but can blow up all of your budget. There are many surrounding hotels which offer a cheaper transfer to the park, but they have one flaw – they do not include Disney hotels’ two Extra Magic Hours in the park each morning, which may be of big significance when you take crazy crowds in consideration.
- When it comes to meals, we advise you to prepare your snack bags (and water bottles). Food stands and restaurants in the park are quite expensive, and we are sure you don’t want to spend entire budget on one family lunch.
- In case you want to visit a park wearing a costume or have a book with autographs of your favourite characters, buy them before your visit.
- Ever heard of MaxPass? Well, it can make your life quite easier. It is a 10$ investment on the Disneyland app which allows you to make FastPass reservations for rides without making a single step before actually coming for the ride itself. It also includes a Disney PhotoPass downloads, which means that you don’t have to pay 20$ for one photo, but you can walk around the photo zones in the park and get photos in the Photopass price instead.
- Getting a MagicBand, a colorful and waterproof wristband, might be useful too. You can purchase them at select Disney retail locations and online and use them in order to unlock the door of your Disney Hotel room, enter Disney parks and check in at FastPass entrances.
2) Best rides
Disneyland Paris offers 54 rides which vary from crazy and adventurous to relaxing and magical. Don’t panic if you see a queue waiting to hop on board, it’s a normal thing here. The average time you will wait for a certain ride is about 45 minutes (sometimes even longer), so make sure to get there as early as you can to have enough time to ride most of the park’s attractions. It’s difficult to highlight only few of them, but here’s our top choice:
- Pirates of the Caribbean: a ride based on the same-named Disney movie is set in a dark dungeon full of pirates.
- Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain: the Empire is expecting you, so launch yourself and pilot a reconnaissance vessel while spying on an Imperial Star Destroyer.
- Big Thunder Mountain: hold tight and try not to scream while a runaway mine train cart drives you around a haunted mountain .
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril: an epic roller coaster based on the popular character of Indiana Jones takes you on a crazy high speed train ride through jungles and temples.
- Phantom Manor: this is for all of you who are in the mood for goosebumps as the live actors are transformed to scare you from stepping into a dining room to a room of horrors.
3) Tickets and working hours
You can choose between three types of tickets: one day, multi-day and shuttle & dated (choose the day of your visit). Tickets are available in Mini, Magic and Super Magic period (you can check it here).
- One day: one ticket goes from 55$ to 83$
- Multi-day: one ticket goes from 153$ to 259$
- Shuttle & dated: one ticket goes from 102$ to 122$
Both Walt Disney Studio Park and Disneyland Park are open from 10:00 to 22:00, while Extra Magic Hours last from 08:30 to 09:30.
For more detailed information, click here.
4) Getting to Disneyland Paris
Whether you’re traveling by plane, train or car, reaching the world of magic couldn’t be more simple. The Park is only 32 km from Paris and you have the following options:
- Plane: There are over 500 flights per day arriving to the Charles de Gaulle and Orly airports, from where you can take the Disney Magical shuttle to the Park.
- Train: The Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy train station is one of the most importation stations in France. It is only a 2-minute walk away from the Disney Parks.
- Car: Here you can find all information on how to reach the Disney Parks from many directions.
For further information, please visit the official website of Disneyland Paris.