London Stansted Airport is an international airport located in Essex, 68 kilometers northeast of London. It serves more than 170 destinations all over the world, including Europe, North Africa
The airport is well connected to London and there are several means of transport at your disposal.
Two bus providers operate regularly and offer frequent service to Central London. They have
The bus station is 2 minutes away from the airport terminal on foot.
- Airport Bus Express – Airport Bus Express offers frequent service to London, running every 30 minutes, starting at 06:00 a.m. with the last departure at 02:00 a.m. Average journey time is around one hour and a single fare ticket starts at 8 £.
- It offers two routes: A21 from Stansted to Liverpool Street, calling at Stratford and A20 that goes to Victoria Bus, calling at Baker Street.
- National Express – National Express offers up to 196 services per day, day or night, on 4 different routes. The shortest journey is 50 minutes long. One way ticket starts at 8 £.
- Service A6 goes from Stansted to Portman Square, with stops at: Golders Green, Finchley Road, St John’s Wood, Baker Street, Paddington, Marble Arch and Portman Square.
- Service A7 covers the route from Stansted to Victoria Coach Station.
- Service A8 from Stansted to King Cross, calling at: South Hackney, Bethnal Green, Shoreditch, Liverpool Street, Farringdon and King Cross.
- Service A9 is direct service to London Stratford.
Stansted Express is the fastest way to travel between Stansted airport and London. Trains run every 15 minutes through the day and the service starts at 5:30 a.m. The station is situated directly under the airport.
- The lines cover major stations: Liverpool Street, Tottenham Hale
- Tickets can be purchased at ticket machines, information desks or online. There are different types of tickets (Standard Class, Business Plus, First Class) so the price depends on the type of
the ticketyou choose.
If you carry a lot of luggage, public transport is probably not the best option, but you can always take a taxi. Stansted Airport joined
If neither public transport nor taxi is suitable for you, you should consider booking a private transfer online. Our recommendation is doing it in advance so that your driver can be waiting for you in front of the airport.
Renting a car at Stansted Airport:
For those who prefer to explore the area on their own, the best option is hiring a car at the airport. You can choose between different rental companies such as Avis, Hertz, Sixt, Europcar and more or you can book it online in order to save some money and time.
Renting a bus at Stansted Airport:
If you are coming to London with a larger group of people, it is recommended to rent a bus. Make sure you do it prior to your flight so that the bus company can arrange everything on time.
From the airport, you can reach other cities in the UK.
|Stansted – Oxford||Stansted – Cambridge||Stansted – Liverpool||Stansted – Birmingham|
FAQ – bus and transport London Stansted Airport
Q: I arrive late at the airport. Will it be a problem for me to get to the city?
A: That shouldn’t be a problem. There are bus transfers that operate during the whole night and there is also an option of hiring a taxi or a private transfer.
Q: I have an early morning departure from the airport, are there any airport hotels I can stay at?
A: There are several hotels where you can spend the night, relax and refresh before you continue with your trip. You can choose between 3-star-hotels such as Holiday Inn or Premier Inn, or 4-star hotels such as Novotel and Radisson Blu.
Q: I would like to visit London in between flights. Is that possible?
A: It is possible, but in that case, our recommendation would be taking the train for the fastest trip and avoiding traffic delays. In case you have a break between flights with minimum of 8 hours, it will be worth visiting. Left luggage service is available at the airport and opened 24 hours a day.
Q: Can I exchange money at the airport to pay for my transfer?
A: Yes. There are several Moneycorp’s exchange offices and ATM’s available before and after security check.
Q: I am continuing my journey outside London. Are there any direct lines to other destinations?
There are few direct lines from the airport to closer towns, such as Oxford and Cambridge. For any other route, it would be best to check the options on GetByBus or at the main bus or train stations in London.