Pescara Abruzzo Airport (PSR) is an airport serving the Abruzzo region and it is also the only international airport in Abruzzo. Pescara airport is located around 4 kilometres from the city centre and it’s only a two hour drive away from Rome. Airport mostly serves as a hub for Ryanair airline. Some of the most popular routes include Prague, Girona, Malta, Bucharest and Brussels Charleroi.
Local bus: Pescara Airport is connected with Pescara city centre by bus lines 8 and 38 (operated by TUA transportation company):
- Line 8 (Aeroporto/Centro commerciale d’Abruzzo – Terminal Bus) – the first bus departs from Pescara Airport at 08:30 and then operates every 20 minutes until the last one which departs at 19:10
- Line 38 (Aeroporto/Centro commerciale d’Abruzzo – Piazza della Repubblica/Corso V.Emanuele II) – the first bus from Pescara Airport departs at 06:00 and it runs every 20 minutes until 23:30
- Check out the bus schedule for both lines here
- Bus tickets can be bought at kiosks in the city centre, at the airport or on vending machines inside the bus (make sure to have the exact amount)
- One-way ticket costs €1.10 (it. corsa singola) but you can also buy a 90-minute ticket or a daily ticket
- The bus stop is located on Via Tiburtina Valeria (opposite of the airport exit)
Taxi service: Getting a taxi from Pescara Airport is not a problem since there are airport taxi stands in front of the terminal. The ride to Pescara centre shouldn’t cost more than €20.
Transfer: Another good option is to book a private transfer. That way you don’t have to worry whether you’ll get a taxi or not and you don’t have to worry about the price because it is fixed and you pay it in advance. Transfer is a suitable way of transportation for families with small children.
Renting a car at Pescara Airport: Some of the renting companies like Sixt, Avis and Win Rent have their offices at Pescara Airport. However, to avoid the possible queues, we advise to book a car online and have your vehicle wait for you at the airport.
From Pescara to other cities: Due to its exceptional geographical position, getting to other cities in Italy is not a problem at all. For example, Pescara is only 2 hours of driving distance from Rome and 5 hours from wonderful Naples. Plan your day trips in advance and book a bus ticket:
For other destinations from Pescara, visit GetByBus.com
Q: I arrive late at the airport. Will it be a problem for me to get to the city?
A: Definitely not, the airport is only 5 kilometers away from the city and there are two bus lines operating all day until 23:30. Later than that, you might want to call a taxi.
Q: I have an early morning departure from the airport, are there any airport hotels I can stay at?
A: Since the airport is relatively close to Pescara centre, there are no airport hotels. Thus, you can just book a room in one of the hotels in Pescara.
Q: Can I leave my luggage at Pescara Airport?
A: Unfortunately no, because there is no luggage storage office at the airport but you can find one at Pescara Centrale (train station).
Q: Can I exchange money at the airport to pay for my transfer?
A: Since Pescara Airport is a relatively small airport and it serves mostly for outbound flights, there is no money exchange office at the airport so we suggest having some Euros on you prior to the flight.
Q: I am continuing my journey outside Pescara. Are there any direct lines to other destinations?
A: Yes there are several direct lines from Pescara which have been already mentioned in the text above.