Kiev Zhuliany Airport is located in the Zhuliany neighbourhood, about 8 kilometers southwest of the city center. It is one of the two passenger airports of the Ukrainian capital Kiev, consisting of an international passenger terminal (Terminal A), which hosts all international flights, Terminal B, dedicated to business aviation, and Terminal D, the domestic terminal. the airport handles approximately 3 million passengers annually.
How to get from Kiev Airport to Kiev
There is a number of minibuses (Marshrutka) that go to and from the airport. The bus stop is about 200 meters from Terminals A and D and the ticket costs between 4 and 6 UAH (0,15-0,22 EUR). Working hours are from 6:30 till 22:30.
Kiev Zhuliany Airport to Kiev Central Railway Station:
- Minibus route 169: Vishneve – Starovokzalna St
- Minibus route 368: Boyarka – Starovokzalna St
Kiev Zhuliany Airport to other destinations in the city centre:
- Minibus route 302: Vishneve – Kontraktova Square
- Minibus route 482: Glushkova Ave. – Subway Station of Dorogozhichi
- Minibus route 496: Subway Stations of Lukyanivska and Teremki
- Minibus route 499: Subway Stations of Lukyanivska, Vasylkivska, Teremki
- Minibus route 565: Subway Stations of Shuliavska, Dorohozhychi, Petrivka
Trolleybus connects Terminals A and D with the city center. Working hours are from 6:30 till 22:30 and the cost of a one way ticket is around 4 UAH (0,15 EUR)
- Trolleybus route 9: Kyiv Zhuliany Airport – Subway station Lva Tolstogo Square
- Trolleybus route 22: Kyiv Zhuliany Airport – Subway stations Shuliavska, Dorohozhychi, Syrets
- Trolleybus route 22: Kyiv Zhuliany Airport – Shuliavska metro station
NOTE: If you’re taking off at the Shuliavska station, you need to take the metro M1 to the Khreshchatyk metro station (city centre).
For more information about public transfer click here.
If you prefer a more comfortable transfer, we recommend taking a taxi. You can easily find a taxi rank outside the Arrivals and Departures hall, in the pick-up and drop-off area of Terminal A. Taxi service is available 24/7 but keep in mind that not all taxis are licensed, make sure you agree on the price before the ride. Here are some of the licensed taxis: Panda Taxi, Absolut Taxi, Optima Taxi. Uber and BlaBlaCar are also available.
Another way to travel from Kiev Zhuliany Airport is with a private, door-to-door transfer directly to your accommodation in the city. You can pre-book a transfer for a hassle-free experience, a professional driver will wait for you at the airport and take you to your destination.
Renting a car at Kiev Zhuliany Airport
Those of you who prefer to explore the area on your own, the best option would be to rent a car directly at the airport. You can find car rental booths in the western sector of the ground level of the International Terminal A. There are several different car rental companies at the airport such as: BLS, Budget, Europcar, Payless Car Rent and Sixt.
Alternatively, you can always rent a car online and avoid potential queues at the airport.
Renting a bus at Kiev Zhuliany Airport
Larger groups of passengers should consider renting a bus at the airport. However, it is recommended to book it online, so the bus rental companies have enough time to advise you on the meeting point and all other information.
Accommodation near Kiev Zhuliany Airport
Kiev Zhuliany Airport bus FAQs
- I arrive late at the airport. Will it be a problem for me to get to the city?
As mentioned, taxis are at your disposal 24/7, but keep in mind that the taxi fare might be different due to different time of day.
- Can I exchange money at the airport?
Yes, there are currency exchange offices (Terminal B, level 1 and Terminal D, levels 1 and 3) as well as ATMs (Terminal B) and banks (Terminals B, level 1 and Terminal D, levels 1 and 3).
- I am continuing my journey outside Kiev. Are there any direct lines to other destinations?
The airport has no direct connections with other cities in Ukraine. Your best option is to go to the Kiev bus station and check your further options there. You can also check the desired routes on GetByBus.com
- Does Kiev Zhuliany Airport have storage lockers?
Yes, there are storage lockers on the first floor of Terminal A, next to the international arrival area. You can check the prices here.
- Is there a free WiFi service available at Kiev Zhuliany Airport?
Yes, they provide free WiFi service throughout the airport.