Chania International Airport “Ioannis Daskalogiannis” (CHQ) is the second busiest international airport on the island of Crete. The airport is located near Souda Bay on the Akrotiri peninsula, about 14km from the town of Chania.
How to get from Chania Airport to Chania
Chania Airport is connected with Chania centre by regular shuttle bus line operated by KTEL bus company.
- Besides Chania, the bus also runs to other places on the island, such as Rethymnon, Kavros, Georgioupolis and Souda.
- One-way ticket from the airport to Chania costs €2.50. Tickets can be bought online or on board.
- The departure point for the airport shuttle is located between buildings for arrivals and departures.
- See timetable of departures here.
Taxi stand for Chania Airport is located close to the airport entrance so you don’t have to worry where to find the transport. However, during the high season, you might wait a bit longer than expected. A regular taxi rate from the airport to Chania centre will cost approximately €25 (up to 4 people).
If you don’t want to worry whether you will have your private driver or not, then the best option for you would be to book a private transfer. Turn your trip in a hassle-free experience and get to your accommodation on Crete in no time.
Renting a car at Chania Airport
Should you need to rent a car while on Crete, you will find several car rental offices directly at Chania Airport. Companies such as Avance Trust, Avis Budget and Kydon have their offices in the arrivals area. To avoid the possible queues during peak season, we recommend booking a car online.
Accommodation near Chania Airport
You can check the nearest accommodation options below:
Chania Airport FAQs
- I arrive late at Chania Airport. Will it be a problem for me to get to the city?
The last shuttle bus from the airport departs at 23:45. After that, you might want to consider getting a taxi.
- Does Chania Airport have a smoking area?
There are no smoking areas inside the terminal. To smoke, you must enter Crete and smoke outside terminal then go through security again.
- Does Chania Airport have a luggage storage?
Unfortunately, there is no left luggage facility available at Chania Airport.
- Does Chania Airport have WiFi?
Yes, unlimited access to WiFi is available at Chania Airport.