Nice Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE) is a French international airport situated 6 km southwest of Nice. It is the third busiest airport in France, serving the eastern part of Provence and counting over 13 million passengers in 2018. Due to its proximity to the Principality of Monaco, it also serves as a city-state’s airport.
How to get from Nice Airport to Nice
2019 UPDATE: Bus lines 98 and 99 have been canceled and new Tram 2 (Jean Médecin) has been introduced.
- Tram departs from Terminal 2 and makes following stops: Terminal 1, Grand Arenas, Carras, Magnan, Alsace-Lorraine, Jean Médecin.
- Tram 2 operates between 05:19 and 00:15 (Mon-Sat), 05:24 (Sun/Holidays). Departs approximately every 20 minutes from 05:19 to 07:00 and from 20:00 to 00:15. From 07:00 to 20:00 tram leaves the airport approximately every 5 minutes.
- Journey time to Jean Médecin bus stop is around 30 minutes.
- See here timetable of departures to and from Nice Airport.
- Tickets can be bought at Terminal 1 (bus station, gate A0) Terminal 2 (arrivals level, gates A2/A3) or inside the tram (machine). One-way ticket costs €1.50.
Nice Airport to Gare Nice-Ville (SNCF)
To get from Nice Airport to Gare Nice-Ville (SNCF) passengers have two options:
- Take Tram 2 to Jean Médecin stop and walk another 800m to the train station.
- Take Tram 2 to Jean Médecin stop, walk 200m to the stop for Tram 1, get on Tram 1, get off at Gare Thiers and walk another 300m.
Nice Airport to Nice-Saint Augustin Station
Get on Tram 2 and get off at Grande Arenas and continue walking for another 600m – see here the instructions.
Nice Airport to City Centre
At certain times during the day, Tram 2 circulates only towards the city centre of Nice (Gambetta, Cathedrale, Promenade des Arts) – see here the schedule.
Official Nice Airport taxis operate on a fixed rate system from the airport to the city centre and vice versa. Thus, a journey should only cost €32. However, some taxi services may charge more on holidays or during night. The drive to Nice centre takes approximately 15 minutes.
If you wish to have more comfort, or you have a lot of suitcases, you can always book the door-to-door transfer to your accommodation in Nice area. A professional driver will wait for you in the arrivals area with a name sign, and don’t worry if your plane is late, the transfer company will monitor your flight arrival.
Renting a car at Nice Airport
If you prefer reaching and exploring the city by yourself, you should rent a car online or do it on the spot: most of the car-rental companies like Europcar, Enterprise and Sixt are situated in the airport area.
Renting a bus at Nice Airport
For larger groups of passengers, one car may not be enough, therefore consider renting a bus.
Accommodation near Nice Côte d’Azur Airport
Nice Côte d’Azur Airport FAQs
- I arrive late at the airport. Will it be a problem for me to get to the city?
Tram operates until 00:15, after that you might consider getting a taxi.
- I have an early morning departure from the airport, are there any airport hotels I can stay at?
Of course, Campanille Nice Airport and Notevol Nice Arenas Aeroport are only 800 m away. The prices are not too high, they have free parking lot, free Wi-Fi and 24 hour desk, so don’t hesitate to book a bed there.
- I would like to spend one day in Nice in between flights. Is that possible?
Yes, of course. The best way to do so is to take one of the buses which take you directly from the airport to the city centre and are the most convenient way of transportation. If you don’t want to carry your luggage with you all day, simply leave it in the luggage storage at the airport for the price of €14 per item per day. The service is situated at Terminal 2, Arrivals level, ground floor between A03 & A04 gates and is open every day from 06:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Does Nice Airport have free Wi-Fi?
Free Wi-Fi connection is available in both terminals. The network name is Nice Airport Free Wifi. The use of Wi-Fi requires sign in, but you’re free to use the service as long as you want.
- I am continuing my journey outside Nice. Are there any direct lines from the airport to other cities?
Yes, here are some of the most popular bus routes from Nice Airport:
Nice Airport to Montpellier Nice Airport to Lyon Nice Airport to Avignon Nice Airport to Marseille Nice Airport to Aix-en-Provence Nice Airport to Toulon
- Can I exchange the money at the airport to pay for my transfer?
Yes, there are several exchange offices and ATMs at the airport, working 24/7, but it would be better to exchange the money before the trip and have some euros on you since the rate will be a lot higher on the spot and no currency other than euro is accepted.